Big Auction

Big Auction

Monday, September 27, 2010


here's another type of tool which we all use or have used at one time or another. Pliers, they've been around at least since the bronze age i imagine as blacksmiths would have to have them to aid in working metal. first we have the common old slip joint pliers which is what we all imagine anytime someone says "pliers". next are some needle nose pliers, of course it's obvious why they are called needle nose. third we have the locking pliers or vise grips. strangely enough these are called mole grips in England. i found that they are called mole grips because they were made by H.K. Mole Company{apparently Stanley Tools owns the Mole name today}. fourth is a picture of channel lock pliers which before they had the channels we called water pump pliers. very handy to tighten up the packing in a water pump gland. and last but hardly least is a pair of linemans sidecutting pliers. these are but a small selection of the many kinds of pliers in existence. there seems to be a pair designed for just about any application you can think of. i just bought a pair of channel locks today.

No comments:

Post a Comment