My buddy and a garage goon, Jon forwarded this article to me. It is from Brush, Colorado, A local paper called "News Tribune."
If you ever own a motorcycle and have some understanding of chemistry, physics or even common sense, you will have hard time believing this story being true.
Let's break down the holes in this supposedly true story, shall we?
First off, Why this guy brought the bike inside to clean it? Gas is fumy and if you clean the bike often, you know that part should be done outside or well ventilated area unless you are spot cleaning with spraying solution like 409 and wiping down.
Yes, some of us bring bikes inside to work on during the off season because it is warmer inside. But, we still tend to utilize fumy stuff outside. Wives usually prevent us from making living room or kitchen into garage, so only single guys can pull that off. Secondly, the bike will not start if it is in gear or clutch lever has to be pulled in. So the bike will not take off right away just because you started its motor. Another thing right here, why would he start the bike inside of the house only to fill it up with exhaust?
Second part gives off as complete fake story. So the hubby takes shit while he smokes and threw the lit butt into the bowl, which was filled with gas? He has not smelled the gas and suspected something is wrong? And have you try to throw lit cig into a bowl avoiding your thigh and a dick? Most of us can't even spit into a toilet bowl without dicks get sloppy wet, so we would not risk burning a dick by getting the lit cig near the tool. This part screams that its writer was a penis-less person.
Furthermore, a lit cigarette will not ignite gas. It has to be open flame to do that. Especially diluted with toilet water and the gas had been left open till the couple came home from the hospital visit, that seems absolutely impossible, unless the house is near natural gas wells. That is known to contaminate well water highly toxic and flammable. It is happening in Colorado, but it still has to be open flame to ignite, I believe.
Additionally, a bowl of gas will not have the power to blow him outside of the bathroom. Gas is not plastic C4. It will probably burn his ass if it was ignited with open flame.
Lastly, I have never heard of a person brake a collarbone by being dropped flat. It is always direct hit to the bone like a baseball bat, karate chop or something to damage the bone. It is still possible I assume, but highly unlikely.
As I did more research, this story was printed once in an edition of "The Darwin Award", a famous books that are a collection of stories featuring stupid people. Also the story is urban legend which was discussed in Snope.
This so-called editer/publisher, Rebecca Dudley is pretty sad one printing this story as if she heard it from her friend and actually happened.
I figured News Tribune in Brush CO must be pretty small paper in small town.
Oh!!Yes it is. The town has bit over 5000 people according to 2000 census. You can write any fantasy if you are working for small paper in small town, I guess. More so than writing this blog, I bet you.