Tohatsu was originally named Takata Motor Research Institute, was founded in 1922 and manufactured railcars. Research and development of high-speed, portable engine generators and radio-controlled generators began immediately and were brought to production in 1930. During the 1930s and 40s, Tohatsu consolidated its product line and moved its corporate office to Tokyo. In 1950, production and sales of motorcycles began. 1955 brought aggressive growth to Tohatsu. however, just like other company, it has withdrawn from motorcycle industry. Relatively had short life as a motorcycle manufacturer, but the company is still kicking manufacturing outboard motors and fire pumps.
Picture here is PDK58. In front of bakery.